Fancy exploring further? In 2020, I'm offering 3 adventures:
- Camino Trail from Santiago de Compostela to Muxia, taking in Negeria, Abeleiroas, Lee Finisterre and Lires along this way - 2nd June - 10th June 2020
- Dublin's stunning Mountains and the Wicklow Way - 13th - 17th Sept 2020
- Camino Option 2 - Wellbeing Walk and Coach tour from the Spanish town of Leon to Santiago de Compestella, taking in the sights of Ponferrada, Villafranca, Sarria, Melide and Lavacolla. - 12 October - 19th 2020
Each offering different experiences, scenery and challenges. Please email to let me know if you'd like further information.
Camino Option 1 - Walking from Santiago de Compostela to Muxia
- Taking in Negeria, Abeleiroas, Lee Finisterre and Lires along this way.
- 2nd June - 10th June 2020
- 1 places left out of 14 (last updated Oct 2019)
This 120 KM walk serves up breath-taking scenery from the country-side, ancient Roman ruins, medieval towns, rivers and costal paths and the opportunity to take a few dips in the ocean!
At Finisterra a beautiful path awaits hugging the cliffs and coves of the bay and you will be able to watch the sun set at the ‘End of the World!’. For the next 2 days you will enjoy walking along the ocean with splendid costal views and enjoy pristine sandy beaches - maybe even have a swim! With our final walking destination being the quaint fishing village of Muxia, where you can visit the holy stones, said to have curative powers.
Not forgetting the opportunity to explore Santiago de Compostela both at the start and end of the trip, socking up the culture of this wonderful old town.
Along the route you will be able to get your Pilgrim’s Passport stamped and a certificate of completion at Santiago de Compestella.
Is this walk for you? Yes if you want to take a break that will fills your heart with joy. And if you can comfortably walk 10 - 15 miles each day, plus a few extra miles around towns and sites of notability, for 6 days in a row.
Interested? Click here to email
Dublin and the Wicklow Way - September 2020
- Taking in Dublin Mountains, Enniskerry, Roundwood and Glenmalure along this way.
- 13th September - 17th September 2020
- 3 places left out of 10 (last updated Oct 2019)
From Dublin city centre we start our 65 KM adventure from the beautiful Georgian estate of Marlay Park. Over the 3 days of walking we will cross the tops of mountains offering amazing views of the surrounding mountain ranges and the coast, pass through forest trails, take in Loch Tay, a dark brown peaty lake, flanked on one side by a white sandy beach (resembling a pint of Guinness), go through the U-shaped glacial valley of Glenmalure, visit the monastic city and so much more.
The Way is comparatively low-level, never venturing above 630 metres. However, the Way crosses the lie of the land, so we will often climb a ridge and descend to a valley only to climb another ridge immediately. This, coupled with rough terrain and variable weather means the walk will be quite tough at times! We will also walk long distances without seeing a soul other than our group mates.
Is this for you? It is if you’re up for an adventure that will push you, and are willing to train. Interested? Click here to email
Camino Option 2 - Wellbeing Walk and Coach tour from the Spanish town of Leon to Santiago de Compestella
- Taking in the sights of Ponferrada, Villafranca, Sarria, Melide and Lavacolla.
- 12 October - 19th 2020
- 2 places left out of 16 places (last updated October 2019)
This is a brilliant way to enjoy a large proportion of the Camino with the support of a dedicated coach, English speaking tour guide and walk leader support for the whole journey.
The itinerary has been skilfully designed to ensure that you can travel in ease and get to see all the must see places of interest as well as having the time to walk the most beautiful stretches of the route. The air-conditioned transport will ensure you get to and from key points, and will also be there as a backup on days when you just don’t fancy walking and you want the option to go straight to the next destination via the coach. And, if you fancy walking a little more, again options can be build in. The walking distances range from 3.5 - 5 miles per day, plus extra around sites of interest.
Is this walk for you? Yes if you have a spirit for adventure and want to enjoy a once in a lifetime trip that includes walking with sightseeing.
Interested? Click here to email